Procrastination is a common complaint. Here are 10 ideas to try to see what works for you.
1. Remember your big why, don’t get distracted by routines and structures. For example, if your goal is to increase your focus, meditating at lunch is one structure. Taking breaks, exercising, and talking with friends are others.
2. Create milestones. For example, if your goal is to get funding, what actions are needed and what milestones are relevant for each action?
3. What is the first step? Do you freeze because you’re focused on step 4 or 10 instead of 1? If it feels hard, it probably isn’t the first step!
4. Get past fear and inertia: set a timer for 10 minutes and start working. When you the alarm, ask if you want to stop, set another timer, or keep working.
5. Don’t give yourself a choice. Remove the decision, just do it.
6. Make it a habit. If you want to build something into your daily or weekly routine, make a plan. Make sure to account for what could get in the way or be an obstacle.
7. Give yourself a count down. 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 Do It!
8. Block time on your calendar and define specifically what you will achieve during that time block.
9. Tell others what you plan to accomplish by when and ask them to hold you accountable.
10. Do it with a friend to make it more fun!
I’m speaking (along with 20 others) at The Start Up Scale Up Summit this weekend 10/14-16!
This is free, virtual resource helps entrepreneurs with things like personal evolution, product & services, processes & operations, marketing, sales, HR, sustainability, and legal. If you’re looking for relevant milestones and tools to help you scale your business, I highly recommend it!
Get your free tickets here: https://thescaleupsummit.com/
I hope to see you there!